[OM] OM diopter adjustment [was The Elusive Buckeye]

Subject: [OM] OM diopter adjustment [was The Elusive Buckeye]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:52:58 -0700
On 9/1/2011 11:44 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
>      Speaking of such things, I wouldn't mind finding some sort of eyepiece
> attachment that would correct for fading eyesight.  I may have come across
> such a thing in the past, but I did not make note of it.  Anyone have a lead
> for such a thing?

Oly made a couple of types.
<http://omesif.moosemystic.net/om-sif/findergroup.htm>

I seem to recall that there may be some trick to choosing the diopter, beyond
what's in the eSIF pages. It's in the
archives and others who know more will likely chime in. Some folks have had
their opticians make custom lenses for these.

I believe there were also third party versions.

The OM-3 and OM-4 series bodies have built-in diopter adjustments on the side
of the prism housing.

Clear Eyed Moose