Re: [OM] IMG: More Insects, New Approach

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Insects, New Approach
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 17:00:12 -0700
On 9/3/2011 12:42 PM, Chris Trask wrote:

> If you add a +1 closeup lens your maximum FL will be around 1m. Too bad they
> don't make +0.5 closeups any more as they
> would be even more convenient for photos such as this as you would have more
> flexibility. Chris

The standard OM C-U lenses are 40cm fl = 0.4x. Came in 49 & 55 mm sizes.
<http://omesif.moosemystic.net/om-sif/macrophotogroup/close-up_lenses.htm>

I'm sure a request here would turn some up, and they are regularly available on
the 'Bay.

The iS/L Lens A-Macro H.Q. Converter f=40cm, 49mm thread, and B-Macro, 55mm
thread, are achromatic (2 element) macro
lenses optimized for - you guessed it - 135mm.
<http://omesif.moosemystic.net/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm#iS/L_Macro_Converters>

Although Oly made them for the iS/L cameras, they are high quality, general
purpose C-U lenses. Harder to find, though.

Close Up Moose