Re: [OM] IMG: More Insects, New Approach

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Insects, New Approach
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 22:51:53 -0500
Moose, Chris, Wayne,

I tried the No.1 Pentax extension tube tonight, indoors.  As I mentioned
earlier, the basic lens alone will focus from approximately 4.5 feet to
infinity.

With the No.1 tube added, using very crude measurements, the focusing range
is 3 feet to 9 feet.  This is not bad for insect work, and doesn't change
the exposure much, so I may give it a try.  The length of this tube is
9.6mm.  By Chris' formula, this gives about 7% magnification.  The main
improvement is it reduces the lens to subject distance by 33%.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA