Re: [OM] IMG: Rain Bands from Hurricane Lee Arrive

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rain Bands from Hurricane Lee Arrive
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 22:43:32 -0500
Thanks, Ken.  It's sometimes surprising how one finds a sharp, well-mannered
lens.  The Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135/3.5 was one of the last
lenses I bought when I was shooting film.  It is a late SN M42 mount and got
little use before I bought the E-510 and started into digital full-time.  I
got it out a few days ago and it performs well above its pay grade.  Sharp,
good color, good contrast.

The image you commented on was shot on a very wet morning, and the lens did
all I could ask of it.  I will certainly find more chances to use it.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA