Re: [OM] Another visual conundrum 4

Subject: Re: [OM] Another visual conundrum 4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:29:23 -0700
On 9/6/2011 2:03 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Curtains in the camper. Sun shining through from the outside.

Got it in one. You might even have won a pass from being called on hyperbole -
but I already posted it. :-)

> The ripples and texture tell me that you used about a 50mm focal length from
> about 10 inches.

Nope, shoulda quit while you were ahead. The letters 'fp' on the end of the
file name are a clue. It's a full pixel crop
of a much larger image, which throws the apparent distance off.

> Live-view in the D60 made this all possible. You were sitting at the "dining
> table" in the camper eating an afternoon snack. The curtains were closed on
> this side because of the sun shining in which had woke you up from your nap.
> Instead of accepting the fact that nature was trying to tell you to get out
> and enjoy the day, in a fit of discontent you whipped the curtains closed.
> While sucking down a bowl of bran flakes, you saw this sunspot on the
> curtain. Alas, it took your dulled brain, from being rudely awaken from your
> nap, a couple of minutes to realize what you were looking at and eventually
> grabbed the camera. First attempt was thwarted because the ideal spot for the
> photo was about where the bowl of bowel-assist was. So, you pressed that
> live-view button, swung the LCD around to the side and zoomed, shucked and
> jived the camera into position. Alas, you knocked the spoon out of the bowl
> which scattered soggy flakes onto the table and all over your shirt and
> beard. After getting the evil-eye from your spouse you took the photo and set
> the camera down while you mulled over your mood. Of course, being darkminded
> as it was from having your regular bowl of regularity getting spilled on your
> beard and plaid flannel shirt, you decided to remove all color from the
> picture. Alas, gray wasn't quite right, so you added the hue of spilled bran
> flakes to the image.
>
> Pretty close?

ROTFLMAO! After picking myself up, I have to say that's a great story. Quite
inaccurate, but très amusant.

1. A quick look at the EXIF would have revealed that it was shot at 9:59 am.
The Turtle was pointed East, and that is
the morning sun shining through the front curtains. Had you wondered what cast
such a sharp, odd shaped shadow, out
among the trees, you might have concluded it was something man-made inside or
immediately outside. Here's the (almost)
whole frame.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Van_Damme_State_Park&image=_MG_2980croof20.jpg>
It's the shadow of the steering wheel, turned slightly to the right, and
distorted by the pleats in the curtain.

2. I haven't eaten cereal for many years. When I did, it was never bran flakes.
My digestive system works very well
without assistance, and with no attention or special actions from me, other
than to regularly express gratitude that it
and all my bodily systems work so well. In fact, being a "late to bed, late to
rise person", I don't eat breakfast at
home. My day starts with lunch, and ends with a midnight snack.

When I do breakfast, mostly on the road, it is far more appealing than a bowl
of icky cereal flakes. I don't photograph
my food all that often. As it happens, though, that morning an interesting
pattern of light through my OJ glass caught
my eye.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Van_Damme_State_Park&image=_MG_2981rotcroof20.jpg>
And I ended up belatedly photographing the tag end of my breakfast.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Sonoma_Mendocino_Coast/Van_Damme_State_Park&image=_MG_2982rotcroof40.jpg>
That was an omelet of organic, fertilized, free range eggs, kalamata olives,
marinated roasted red peppers and spices,
uncured, apple smoked bacon and 9-grain sourdough fry bread. I do some
relatively fancy cookin' in that tiny galley.
This one was gooood! :-)

3. Carol doesn't give the evil eye. Responsible witches don't bandy such things
about. ;-)

Had this story been true, the way it would have been is - My mess, I get
sympathy, and clean it up myself.

4. The curtains came that color.

Happy Snappy Moose