Re: [OM] Latest OM Family Portrait - Olympus Living History Farm

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest OM Family Portrait - Olympus Living History Farm
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:07:17 -0700
On 9/7/2011 9:22 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> There's a shooter named Brian DeMint in Joplin, MO, who is a very big fish in
> a very small pond, according to the DPP article I read about him. Shoots
> high-tone fashion stuff with a Nikon D90 and kit lens. Uses those clip-on hot
> lights and makes the jewelry and costumes from stuff he and his wife scare up
> at the local Wal-Mart. His stuff is scary good. He's turned down a bunch of
> high-dollar magazine shoots because they box him in too much. A real free
> spirit in what amounts to a button-down world, or at least that's the way
> he's portrayed.

To borrow from a recent Chris B comment on an image of mine, "Very interesting,
but horrible "

He does what he does, as you say, 'scary good'. Not my sort of thing.

I just realized what it reminded me of. I was once looking for a place to stay,
and tried a B'nB. The room we looked at
was entirely filled with really cutesy teddy bears and related decor. I had to
leave quickly to avoid an accident.

DeMint's stuff has some of that quality, only with a bit of "scary, but I can't
look away" added. ;-)

Moose