Re: [OM] IMG: More Experiments with ETTR

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Experiments with ETTR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 23:26:47 -0700
On 9/8/2011 11:06 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> First, thanks for the exif info input.  It does work in PSE 6.0, which I
> use.
>
> I shoot simultaneous RAW/jpeg, and I open the jpeg images as a group in PSE
> 6, and click on them one by one, making notes of the file numbers that show
> promise.  With your help, I can now get the exif data from those that I
> choose to process.  I then open the keepers in ACR, do RAW processing and
> pass them to the PSE editor.
>
> I now understand  Chuck's comment that he would like to see a magnified
> image of the right side of the histogram.

Can you select areas in PSE? In PS, select the area of concern, and view the
histogram for just that area. That isn't
strictly the top end magnified, but it does show any problems.

> I can see how control of that end
> of the histogram can prevent highlight clipping.  What does one do to reduce
> the vertical peaks from being clipped?  I have not figured this out yet.
> Perhaps it is not all that important.

Not important because it doesn't mean anything. If there are lots of pixels of
a particular brightness, the may pile up
higher than the display is designed to show, but it means nothing, being only
an artifact of the screen display design.

Moose