Re: [OM] Paph Orchid Series Continues

Subject: Re: [OM] Paph Orchid Series Continues
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 11:46:20 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>> The live view magnifier on the 60D is starting to convince me that a lot
>> of softness that I've put down to other factors
>> over the years has been less than perfect focus.
>
> Exactimundo! The two killers for me is camera/subject motion and focus
> imperfections.

Same here, I have been knowning myself a non stable shooter for a long time
and found out AF can be inaccurate since using the E-1.

> The problem for me is that focus imperfections are
> addressable by closing the lens down. camera/subject motion is
> addressably by opening the lens up.

To me the solution for camera motions is a camera that shoot high ISO with
beautiful image quality, 5D II do help some.

Aperture is mainly for DOF control, it is so poor if it fall to use as focus
error compensation. The OM viewfinder with Minolta Acute Mate focusing
screen is close to perfect but not available to any DSLR :-)

> I don't believe that emperical evidence supports the claim that
> "...any handheld camera used at an exposure of longer than 1/1000 s
> isn't going to resolve mroe than about 6 Mpix in any case, reagardless
> of the lens or sensor used."

My expression will be shutter speed of 1/focal length is far not enough for
maximum image quality. It also vary with camera body and lens, the worse
combination for me is 5D II with OM 200/4. Last time I shot 5 images to get
a perfect one at 1/640s handheld.

C.H.Ling