Re: [OM] Flower and Bokeh, was The Top

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower and Bokeh, was The Top
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:52:53 -0700
On 9/12/2011 3:40 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
>      <<SNIP>>
>
>      Okay, now I better understand what you guys have been going back and
> forth over.  I had been thinking that the term "bokeh" refered to those way
> OOF items where you could see the outline of the aperture blades or the
> "donuts" created by the outer mirror of a reflex lens.  To my way of
> thinking, those two buds in the photo were nothing more than OOF items and
> the only bokeh (again in my thinking) was some very faint items in the upper
> left-hand corner, almost unnoticable.

Well, you can join Chuck, the creator of the RawTherapee raw/RAW converter and
many others with their togas in a knot
over using all caps in something that's not an acronym, John  Hudson and Chris
B about what ETTR should mean or how it
should be re-acronymized ... and all others who spend their time fretting about
changing usages.

Or you can join the rest of us in using the documented and generally accepted
meaning of bokeh.

Or just ignore the whole thing and get on with enjoying making and viewing
images - but - that's crazy talk!

Mad Mots Moose