[OM] IMG: Friday Flower with Visitor

Subject: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower with Visitor
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:31:16 -0400 (EDT)
For some reaon never put the color correction in a layer, unlike
everything else--just not a habit.  I had tried using the 'pillar white
for  reference (perhaps that is how you got that version) but did not
want/like neutral rendition and it  didn't look  really "correct" for
the light.   Having both for reference and modifying  opacity is likely
  just the ticket.  Thanks for mentioning that.  New lab has a different
scanner--we'll see if that maeks any difference with the   Ektar that
should be  processed and on the doorstep if I ever get home.

Mike

On 9/9/2011 3:42 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I agree that you should maintain some of the blue cast characteristic
of
> time, place and light when you made the shot.  However, I still think
> your hand was a bit too light on the controls.  But making the whites
> white would rob it of its character.

Well, you can judge for yourself. Back when Mike first posted this
image, I did
a more or less fully corrected version,
based on the assumption that there was some neutral white on them. And
then I
think it looksnatural.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Usher/Black_Swallowtail_Caterp

illars.htm>

If I want something in between the result of early or late light,
shade, etc.
and sunlight, and have a reference point,
I prefer to first go all the way in correction, then decide where in
between to
go with the opacity slider.

Moose