Re: [OM] Repairing the 35-80 what is the blue glue, is it loctite could

Subject: Re: [OM] Repairing the 35-80 what is the blue glue, is it loctite could I use epoxy or superglue
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:55:06 -0400
Your attempt to get the loctite IN the slot without getting it in the
moving ring is risky.  As ring snaps in, loctite will likely "squish"
out onto parts that are supposed to move.

After CF9842 is snapped into slot, 2 tiny dots of glue should be laid on
TOP of the ring, one at each end, bonding ring to lens barrel.  There
are several different types of loctite, 2 part 5 min. epoxy might be
better. The original glue might be Cemedine or Hamatite.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977