Re: [OM] Flood damaged photos, was: More Conversions

Subject: Re: [OM] Flood damaged photos, was: More Conversions
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:40:04 -0700

> Chuck, I'm not quite sure I follow how you wanted to use the ferrotype
> dryer, but I've got a couple of them. One of which might be about
> right for this job as long as you're trying to use it from the
> perspective of drying, not reglossing. Any RC paper is sure to be a
> disaster in one.
>
> Instead of the toaster oven, have you tried a heat lamp?

    Yikes!  Down in Tombstone, AZ many years ago, the courthouse basement
was flooded and documents dating back to the days of Wyatt Earp were
damaged.  They managed to same almost all of them by keeping them damp until
they could get them freeze-dried.  That removed all ov the moisture and
pretty much kept everything from sticking together.

Chris