Re: [OM] Flood damaged photos, was: More Conversions

Subject: Re: [OM] Flood damaged photos, was: More Conversions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:32:02 -0400
My thought was for drying since I've been disappointed in the waxed
paper sticking to some of the color prints.  That suggestion came from a
conservator's web site in the Boston area and I didn't expect the sticking.

Thanks for the offer of the ferrotype but I think it would be too late.
  According to everything I've read I've already well exceeded the time
for successful recovery.  I'm hoping the decision is to trash the rank 4
prints.  Also, thanks for the RC warning.  I've never used RC paper and
wouldn't recognize it if it bit me.  But did commercial printers use RC
paper in the 60s, 70s and 80s?  Or was RC paper for the low volume
processor?

No, I don't have a heat lamp but I do have some 150 watt halogen bulbs
and large reflectors which can probably produce a lot of heat relatively
close up.  I've also thought of placing them inside a folded heating pad
although that may not be warm enough.

I'm open to other suggestions.  I think my only remaining problem is
those color prints which want to stick to the waxed paper.  I think it
must be paper specific since not all of them stick very hard.  Some
almost fall off and need just a little help.

Chuck Norcutt