Re: [OM] Halo/border artifacts [was More Conversions]

Subject: Re: [OM] Halo/border artifacts [was More Conversions]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:42:32 -0400
Hum. Could be. I went back to the original .psd file. The white halo is there
at 600 percent, but much reduced in brightness, and no visible at 100 percent
(unless you've got Moosevision). <g> I'm not sure it's not a natural effect of
the digital process, as in putting stuff on a computer, not digital capture.
The light in that shot was just on the cusp of the sweet light, but still very
strong and harsh. On the web version, which used output sharpening for the web,
the white halo over the dark areas and dark over the light areas is much more
pronounced.

--Bob