Re: [OM] Scan issue

Subject: Re: [OM] Scan issue
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:45:15 +1000
I just had a look at the files from my last film scan done by my local lab,
images are 3070x2048 and file sizes (jpeg) vary from about 1MB up to 4MB
depending on the image, so comparable to what you are seeing.  The average
punter probably only looks at the resolution (as they do for digital
cameras) and doesn't notice clipping.  My understanding is that the scans
are only really of a quality for the lab to produce a set of "acceptable"
looking 6"x4" prints.  From my experience some of these scans are ok, but if
I'm after something better I re-scan at home (Epson V700).

...Wayne