Re: [OM] OT: Diet & Heart attacks

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Diet & Heart attacks
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:00:16 -0500
> No, no one flies out of trim, except in a turn (you do trim for the final
> turn, however); it's too tiring and leads to inaccurate flying...

Interesting. OK, maybe it's just stunt pilots, then. 'Course, their
lifespans are sometimes a bit compromised.

> But power is what you use for airspeed when you are level.  If lower your
> attitude you will accelerate, but you will not remain level, and vice versa.

Ah! We agree. However, to maintain level flight with throttle
adjustment you do need to adjust trim. (unless that is only true in my
Cessnas). If I was flying straight and level at 105 knots and
increased the throttle, I could get up to 115 knots (in our beater
172), but would require a bit of nose-down trip to keep from climbing.
Premise being that stick pressure was neutral.

AG :( feet on the ground ): Schnozz