Re: [OM] Lens Storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Storage
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:28:37 -0400
Just be sure that by "safe" you have included the possibility of
protection from fungus. Dark and enclosed and a bit of humidity is the
breeding ground for fungus.  Fungus will do your lenses far more damage
than the possibility of a minor clunk against another lens.  Neoprene
says to me no air circulation.  Maybe stand them on end in a box with
some simple cardboard dividers and then make sure the box is in a dry place.

Of course, if you haven't experienced fungus so far then maybe what
you've been doing is OK.  However, I recently found some fungus on a
lens that I'd previously have sworn didn't have any.  A critical
inspection with a bright LED flashlight can reveal some disconcerting
things sometimes. :-(

Chuck Norcutt