Re: [OM] Upgrade to E-30?

Subject: Re: [OM] Upgrade to E-30?
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:11:36 -0600
Hi All,

Yes, I do use my E-30 for serious photography. I also use my E-510 for
that same serious photography, as back-up, with another lens, or when
the E-30 is away for repair.

I Love the E-30. I love how it feels in my hand, the weight of it, the
location of the controls, pretty much everything about it. It is hands
down better than my E-300, E-330, and E-510. Color rendering in jpegs is
better than the other 3. E-30 has a slight magenta color cast, where the
others have a more yellow/green color cast. Viewfinder is markedly
better in the E-30.  Noise handling is better, it still exists above ISO
400, but it doesn't have the banding that the other cameras do above ISO
200. One thing with the E-30, you *must* turn off auto gradation, or you
will have nasty shadow noise in every image...it tries to bring up the
shadows with the SAT (Shadow adjustment technology), but in the jpegs it
does more harm than good.

I don't think I can talk other technical aspects of it, you all are far
above me in that regard. I simply know what I like and how I want my
images to look. :-)
I cannot compare it to the E-3 or E-5, I've never held either of those
bodies in my hands.

I don't know if this helps or not. If there are more questions, I will
be happy to do my best to answer them.

Candace