Re: [OM] (OM) Upgrade to E-30? (I did!)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Upgrade to E-30? (I did!)
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:02:08 -0700
I did it.  Just acquired a low-mileage E-30 on the auction site.  It
should arrive early next week. Thanks to all of you for your tips and
"enablement." Candace, special thanks to you for your excellent photos,
which gave the best "reality check" I could ask for.

The main reason for doing this is the viewfinder. My E-510, though quite
serviceable, has a small finder with a low eyepoint--not good for a
glasses wearer. Because of this, I didn't use it much.

I had originally planned on dumping the E-system in favor of a Pentax
K-5 and a couple of primes. But the main reason for doing this would
have been for low-light work. The trouble is, there are too many reports
of the K-5 having autofocus problems in low tungsten light--precisely
the conditions under which I would want to use it. We'll see if Pentax
solves the autofocus issues in the next model.

Which means that there's no reason to change DSLR systems. This upgrade
will give me more usable camera with the lenses I already have--the
14-54 from my original E-1 and the fabulous 40-150 f/3.5-4.5.

I'm seriously thinking about picking up the 25mm f/2.8 pancake.

-Peter