[OM] OT - Request Advice on Cell Phone Data

Subject: [OM] OT - Request Advice on Cell Phone Data
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:12:03 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Strictly off-topic, but I would like to tap the experience of some of you.  I
recently purchased a new Verizon phone, a simple phone with no keyboard but a
3.2MP camera.  When I receive my last bill, I found that they had added a new
billing item on my contract.  I may have been asked, but, if so, I don't recall
it.  They may have looked at it as doing me a favor, since it was a limited
time offer.

The item is called a "75MB Value Pack $10", which charges me $10 per month for
up to 75MB of Data use.  Allowable uses are:  web browsing, Mobile Email, VZ
Navigator, and a variety of downloadable apps.

I am considering setting up a Gmail account for the phone, since I don't want
to burden it with my usual list traffic.  I would appreciate any advice and
experience comments before I set this in motion.

Thx,

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA