Re: [OM] OT - Request Advice on Cell Phone Data

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Request Advice on Cell Phone Data
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:22:54 -0600
Hi Jim,

Not completely helpful, but...
We have Verizon. They are supposed to let you know, and you should have
signed off on, the inclusion of a data usage plan. However...some newer
phones have to have the data usage package to work correctly. Case in
point, I don't have the data usage package, I don't want it, but my
husband does, his phone required it for him to be able to use one small
feature which was the reason he purchased the phone to begin with...and
then we find out we *have* to have the 10.00 a month data usage package.
Annoying. I can't remember exactly, but I think they offer more MBs for
a higher price.

Word to the wise: We have used Verizon for many years...15+. Always had
great service until we got the latest phones. Somehow, my husband's
phone came preloaded with some dating site and app on it already. We
know this because the time it was "added" the phone was not yet in our
hands. We discovered this by seeing odd fees on our bill, they are not
located in the usual place on the bill. Pay close attention. After an
entire year of calling every single month, having them remove the app,
explaining over and over that we did not initiate this, the phone wasn't
even in our possession on the date the set-up went through, speaking to
many levels of customer service every single time we called...we
requested a brand new phone and phone number. That was the *only* way we
could make it go away.

So...just pay close attention to your bill. :-)
Oh...and be aware of pocket dialing. ;-)

Candace