Re: [OM] Another Film vs digital debate of note

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Film vs digital debate of note
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:33:44 -0400
Does this go by another name today?  Kodak's web site does not list any
film named Tri-Pan-X.  The highest resolution B&W professional film
listed there is Kodak Professional T-MAX 100.  Very good resolution
(looks to be about 125 lines/mm at 50% contrast) but it would likely
require studio conditions and massive camera support to take advantage
of it.

Of course, with film you also have the option of (cheaply) going to
larger formats.  You could use the more pedestrian T-MAX 400 (closer to
35mm size digital in resolution) and still beat 35mm digital on total
image detail using 2-1/4 or larger... assuming you're not shooting at
f/64.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt