[OM] Overextending your reach

Subject: [OM] Overextending your reach
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
Can't really tell if the focus was spot on, but at 1/30 th at that FL
better be cool hand Luke
even resting on a railing.  Bet stopped down a bit more locked in on a
big 'ol pod it will perform better.
Also would seem a bit of increased contrast,  deconvolution it would be
improved significantly--would have to see.

I have a Tam SP 2X TC in OM mount that seems quite good esp with the
Tam 80-200.  There must be something to "matched optics"  The newer
designed guys might be a bit better but Nathan is
correct about the no free lunch principle of optics.  I have really,
really, really  looked for a rare 200F for my Tam 400/4 to no avail for
the past year or so. That should perform better wide open.  Jeff has
one I know. The Oly OM 1.4 TC is about the best in that mount--I think
a tad better than the Tam SP.

I tested a 5 element Tokina 2X TC for fun vs the Tam SP on the Z. 50
3.5 macro (it hates TC's) a few years ago on film and the difference in
the corners was discernable but not as much as one might have thought.

http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/200F.html

Better to sneak up on 'em,  Mike