Re: [OM] (OT) Very OT Insurance for equipment/location

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Very OT Insurance for equipment/location
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:20:24 -0700
On 9/24/2011 8:53 AM, Jim Couch wrote:
> Being close to our daughters (and an upcoming granddaughter) is what
> prompted Linda&  I to move from Tacoma to Portland this summer. Alas one
> daughter is headed south to Sonoma after the first of the year.

It has been my observation that some children simply need to live at some
distance from their parents. I make no
judgment as to what issues may cause this to be so, or what combination of
parental and children's issues may be
involved. But I've seen it quite often.

Not always the case. I've lived all my within 10 minutes of where I grew up and
my parents lived 'til they died. A close
friend is delighted that her parents moved from Maine to be near her here.

Yet I knew a fellow who lived in Katmandu. He loved his mother in upstate NY,
but needed to live as far away from her as
he could, while still doing what engaged him.

I know a young fellow who was a mousy, quiet, depressive kid until he found a
girlfriend who moved, and pulled him 3,000
miles away from his parents. He has simply blossomed in a way I couldn't have
imagined possible. I'm afraid his parents
will move near him (only child) when his mother retires. I think it would be
bad, and might chase him away again. BTW, I
like both parents and child, myself.

I have no idea what the situation with your kids is. I only suggest that
sometimes chasing children and grandchildren
doesn't work.

OTH, Sonoma is really nice. :-)

Moose