Re: [OM] 100 shootout (100 vs 90 shootout?)

Subject: Re: [OM] 100 shootout (100 vs 90 shootout?)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:20:56 +0200
On 29 Sep 2011, at 3:32 AM, Ken Norton wrote:

> If narrow DoF is your game, combined with ultimate sharpness, I
> can't think of another
> $1000 lens that comes close.

Well (and you should be expecting this...) my answer to this is: the
90mm f/2.0 Macro! I can't imagine another $1000 lens that comes
close :-)

Ken, I like the fact that we each prefer the other lens. If we were
closer to each other (without the Atlantic Ocean between us) I could
see us arranging the mother of all shootouts - but maybe we can still
try something like that remotely. I would love a proper, controlled
comparison between the two lenses to settle the issue once and for all.

You up for it? We're in 2011 - I am sure we can use technology to help
us set up identical tests. On film, of course, because that's what the
OM system cares about. I'm thinking... Pan F? Or we can even try Adox
CMS 25 if we want higher-res, though I would be surprised if Pan F
ain't good enough.

Dawid Loubser