Re: [OM] OT: eBay Display Format

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eBay Display Format
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:20:40 -0500
> Honestly, it's time to move on from XP. It was EOL years ago.

Well, I use it because it works far better than VISTA in almost every
way. VISTA is the ME of operating systems. Pure garbage on so many
levels. There was a reason why 98SE was the defacto standard for years
and years.

The new OS from Redmond is far better than VISTA, but like VISTA, is
not compatible with some computer programs which require more direct
hardware control. The audio/video editors, for instance, have lost all
linkage with the hardware. The only solution to the problem is to make
everything faster so the delays through the processing backbone fall
within an acceptable timeframe.

Speaking of ME, we continue to buy specialized test gear with ME
installed. This is brand-new equipment! The reason has to do with the
fact that was the last Windows OS that allowed the programs to
directly access installed cards in the slots through the buss directly
and not through the OS. XP was pretty bad about this, but VISTA
totally broke any remaining linkages.

This is why most test gear uses LINUX.

AG