Re: [OM] Overextending your reach

Subject: Re: [OM] Overextending your reach
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:26:01 -0400
Not that it necessarily invalidates a comparative test but I think
you'll find that 2X TCs are not designed for and are not recommended for
lenses as wide as 35mm.  Sigma does not recommend usage below 50mm,
Tamron not recommended below 90mm, Canon not below 140mm and Nikon not
below 70mm.  Your results on the TC test might be quite different if you
tested a 100mm with 2X vs a 200mm.

Chuck Norcutt