Re: [OM] 100 shootout

Subject: Re: [OM] 100 shootout
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 15:51:08 -0400
He may have had it figured out to begin with.  I just have a great deal
of difficulty coming to grips with accurately controlling the very tiny
motions of the focusing helicoid.  If he tells me he's been using a
focusing rail all along then I'm a believer already.  The linear
mechanical motion via the rail is about 25-40 X greater than the linear
motion along the circumference of the focusing ring to change focus by
the same amount.

Chuck Norcutt