Re: [OM] Leica mFT 25mm f1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Leica mFT 25mm f1.4
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:10:02 +1100
Quick gallery -
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/g3_leica_25mm_dg_summilux

I put it on my E-P2 and it was slow to focus. I discovered (from hearing an
extra noise) that it was normally open aperture on the G3 but was stopped down
on the Oly, opened to meter and focus and then stopped down again. So I put it
on an E-PL3 I had in for review - no problem. In fact, seriously fast to focus,
magnification kicked in with a touch of the focus ring. I'm assuming that I
need to update my body firmware.
Impression is that it is very fast to focus and very sharp indeed. I found it
easier to use on the E-PL3 but that's mostly because I prefer Olympus menus and
layout.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx