Re: [OM] IMG: Another Relic From the Past

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another Relic From the Past
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:08:30 -0500
Thanks, John.  I did some on-line research after posting the images, and the
information I found confirms what you say.  The closed screw box that this
one has was an English development, and makes use of an enclosed, well
greased, Acme square thread.  My guess is that this one has been in use
since the mid-1800s.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA