Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc

Subject: Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc
From: "List, OM" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:48:48 -0700
Hi Chris,

If one of your PHP files wants to read a file stored on you web (for
instance a header file used for all of your web pages) it will have to know
where it is stored. On my windows machine PHP is installed in the C:\Program
Files (x86)\PHP directory, Apache is installed in the C:\Program Files
(x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2 directory, and the default web
directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs. Of course all of my web sites are in different
directories. Windows can use virtual hosts to make the web pages be at the
root of the web directory. Apple being based on Unix probably has a similar
but "better/simpler" method.

You probably don't have to worry about it yet but if you find your web pages
work fine on your local machine but they don't work when you post them out
to your web site, it is likely due to your files not having the same
relative locations on the two machines. By adjusting the config files you
will likely be able to get everything to work without actually moving the
web files.

I think I wasn't happy with the WAMP setup and installed Apache, PHP, MySQL,
and Perl separately.

Have fun.

Jeff Keller