Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc

Subject: Re: [OM] (was) colour management now PHP etc
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:32:02 -0400
On 10/15/2011 3:06 PM, Brian Swale wrote:
> All I want is a program which will let visitors view my images in a
> database/store, choose any for purchase, let me
> know so that I can arrange trading, and/or make a purchase on line (which
> would ultimately come to me for action).. A
> program that I can integrate with my existing web-pages. Is that so very
> difficult? Am I looking for the wrong kind of
> program?

Part one, not so very difficult. JAlbum is a free and quite capable program for
creating galleries on your local machine
and uploading to the web (either their site or yours), including handling
sales, etc.

Part two, integrating with your existing web-pages, I don't know if and doubt
if it can do. From my perspective as a
viewer, most of your existing web content could easily and quickly be recreated
(drag and drop) in JAlbum - and you
would finally have whole screen coverage instead of large bits of white space -
and you would have image to image
navigation.

Here's an example, multi-level gallery.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/>

It's quite customizable without any programming whatsoever. There are many
skins available for different looks. Or one
could program one's own skin, for custom look and function.

Lurkin' while sittin' at the table after dinner with Mike,
    Moose