[OM] IMG: Sunday Airport Activity

Subject: [OM] IMG: Sunday Airport Activity
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 12:34:47 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The Beech convention concluded last evening, and the crowd of visiting
airplanes was winding down.  I decided to take the Leica Telyt-R 250/4 along,
to try my hand with moving objects.  Tracking was not easy, but a few images
survived.

Last Wednesday evening, the weather was a mess around Memphis, as I watched the
flight track of a Twin Beech that spent almost 10 hours airborne to arrive
non-stop from Las Vegas.  This morning, he was in the line to the fuel pump,
before departing.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Twin+Beech.jpg.html

This highly polished Twin Beech has local connections, and was brought to the
pump with a tug.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Polished+Twin+Beech.jpg.html

A classic Beech Bonanza makes its departure:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Classic+Bonanza.jpg.html

A visiting AT-6 made a low level pass down the runway to say goodbye:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/AT-6+Buzz.jpg.html

The bicycle chains were working hard to get the gear up on this Staggerwing as
it departed.  Since these engines operate at low RPM, it is almost impossible
not to stop the prop at the shutter speed required for the 250mm (500mm
equivalent):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Staggerwing+Departure.jpg.html

First image, E-1 with ZD 35mm Macro
Other images, E-510 with Leica Telyt-R 250/4, Monopod

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA