Re: [OM] Good intentions and all that

Subject: Re: [OM] Good intentions and all that
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:55:41 -0500
> Best reason I've ever heard for avoiding religion. :-)

Well, considering it was 11 to 3, an argument could be made that this
is one of the best reasons for avoiding education!

Hey, on a totally related note...

Saturday wasn't any more relaxing. We travelled a ways to see DD#1
perform with her marching band for the last field event for the year.
The competition between ours and one other school is rather fierce. Of
the three major competitions, we won the first one, the second was up
against all other winners within the state of the same division and we
came near the top. But this last one was not necessarily against the
other schools, but against the scoring system. We got the highest
score in school history!

Yes, we still beat the other school. :)

Impressive, to say the least. Much more complex than when I was in
marching band.

One of the bands, which we've seen a couple of times now, made you
hold your breath. They were constantly on the verge of total collapse.
You could almost hear the kids whispering "please let it be over!" A
meteor crashing into earth would have been a welcome relief.

AG