Re: [OM] Time to move on? Flood delay.

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to move on? Flood delay.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 08:37:57 -0500
As to the pixel counts, I've figured that 18MP is about the point where the
lenses are getting maxed out, but going higher helps with aliasing issues as
well as distortion correction.

The new battlefield in marketing is high iso numbers. If you want the king
of night, then staying in lower pixel counts is desirable. But to what
point? I just want a usable 3200-6400. The samples I've seen from this
sensor are just fine for me.

Another factor that has kicked in over the past year or two is a marked
decline in the number of pictures I take. I still end up with the same
number of final images, but I'm shooting less to accomplish it.

A couple years ago I wrote about the E-Pen as being a game-changer as it was
the first of what I call the Universal Digital Back. Unfortunately, Olympus
chose not to exploit that market potential, but with this camera, I believe
Sony is very close. Close enough for me.

Nother thing I haven't mentioned is video. Frankly, in the world of video,
everything is compared to Sony.

My camera bag has been a battleground between camera systems. I'm hoping the
NEX-7 restores some sanity to the bag. We haven't seen this much brawling
since Vert and Toky went 13 rounds.

AG

--
Ken Norton