Re: [OM] I'm back

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back
From: Michael Wong <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:57:39 +0800
Hi, C.H.,
Long time no see. How are you?
I didn't touch Randy for a while, do you keep in touch with him? I still
keep in touch with Bobby & Chris.

Hong Kong education system ........... um ............ I think it's never be
good at all, even in the era of UK-HK government. But HK SAR government make
it more worse. I do not think it's too small numbers of high school student
enter universities in Hong Kong. I have an opposite opinion, too many
universities in Hong Kong. There are 7 or 8 universities in a near 8 million
population city? Recent a couple of years, we found the quality of graduate
university students are going down. We know some universities to recruit
enough numbers of student to get enough fund, even the standard of students
are below average. Review the history, the era of 2 universities in Hong
Kong, the quality of graduate university students were very high. I do not
say all graduate university students are poor, I mean average quality of
graduate university students are not satisfied.

A truth case, one section of English skill training of a training program in
my company. The tutor is working in University of City Poly, she said the
3rd year students still failed to write a correct resume even group working.
She also said, some of us, English skill is better than her students
............ we are no one with degree qualification.

I'm glad to hear your sons are good for their study. My daughter requests to
study her university course in England. My wife & I didn't push her, but I
have taken a "body-education". She is watching me studying after working due
to low-qualification, she knows she has to take opportunity for university
course to get higher qualification for her future.

Frankly, my wife I are not rich guys. We pay our best effort to satisfy our
daughter's study to enhance her competitive power as we know she will be
hardly to get a good job without high qualification in Hong Kong. I am an
example for my daughter, even I am going to study after working. Any parents
will pay all of their effort for their children.

---
Michael