Re: [OM] I need your ideas and suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] I need your ideas and suggestions
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:28:49 -0500
> Ken, when you say $1200 per day (wedding) are you including skin retouching
> and photoshop stuff?

That would include only global image editing. Specific spot editing is
reserved for reprints and pretty much stops at healing brush and
cloning. I'm a photographer, not a plastic surgeon. I don't do rump
tucks, ear shrinking or trimming of monobrows. If they want that kind
of editing, I hire that out and charge the client for the costs. If
the hereford bride wants 20 pounds taken off, she needs to take care
of that herself. Once you start correcting a muffin-top, where do you
stop?

Actually, when it comes to the muffin-tops, this is usually something
you are going to spot and try to deal with during the shoot.
(formals). The wedding ceremony itself is pretty much as-is. There is
no way I'm going to hand-edit hundreds of images for the album.
Definitely not for what I charge.

Some things aren't meant to be. A 300 pound bride shouldn't wear a
strapless dress. By the time things are pushed, prodded, lifted and
squeezed, all that flesh has to go somewhere. It'll pop out and look
like what happens when you squeeze a water-balloon. Add to that, she
sprayed herself with fake tan which will make her look like a pumpkin.

Remember, the wedding ain't over till the fat lady sings karake a
Helen Reddy song. It's best to have your bags packed by the second
verse of "I am Woman, Hear Me Roar". I'm not sure what exactly happens
after that point, but nothing good can come from it.

AG Schnozz