Re: [OM] IMG: Quique Dacosta

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Quique Dacosta
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:27:50 -0700 (PDT)
Your story brought me back to the time when I was in the Army.

There was this guy...He was a real health nut, but he would go to extremes...:)

First, his head was always shaved.  There are two reasons why a soldier could
be humiliated like that:  Mandatory before you enter service and after that
your hair goes if you get in trouble (which was always the case, since the
officers loved doing this to you...:)

He invented third one:  It strengthens hair...

Him and I got along, because were both into fitness and excercise.  One day I
made the mistake to tell him all about the benefit of eating garlic.  So
picture this, it was early in the morning, both of us were responsible for
setting up the cafeteria, including firing up the woodburning stove.  It was
winter and still bitterly cold when we got done and sat by the fire.  Light was
hitting us from the side as we sat facing each other on the opposite ends of
the small table.

So here he was, sitting with several heads of garlic in front of him, peeling
it and eating it raw for breakfast as if there were no tomorrow.  But wait,
this is not it...Despite the fact that he had your and AG's tolerance, he
started sweating...through each pore of his head.  But wait, this is not it
either...:)

It was so cold and the heat from the garlic was so intense, that he not only
began to sweat, but the sweat began to evaporate, so his bald head became lost
in this big cloud of smoke...true story, I have witnesses although, I cannot
summon them to testify, so you have to take my word.

Boris

Boris,

Friday lunchtime We used to go across the road to a little Thai
restaurant that was run by an ex-RAN (navy) guy  and his lovely wife
(whom he met while posted in Thailand). They'd put a bowl of fresh chili
on the table for us, & some of us would add it to our dishes, & Mik (the
ex RAAF guy) would add ALL of the leftover chili to his (already
*loaded*) Drunken Noodles. He would sweat & his nose would run, he had
it BAD!