Re: [OM] Picture of Central, HK

Subject: Re: [OM] Picture of Central, HK
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:03:04 -0300
Hi Michael ..... how the architecture has changed since 1975 ! A marvellous
photo indeed.

However, I can still see my office window: count up eight floors on the
front of the building facing Statue Square [starting with the barely visible
first floor windows] on the second vertical column from the right hand side
!  KPMG [Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co in my time] still occupies that floor
along with tens of thousands of square feet elsewhere.

Is the Ebony 45s a large format view camera where you can put the bellows
into all kinds of contortions? The converging verticals have been very
nicely dealt with. During my time in HK the then HSBC building [I wonder how
many people know what those letters stand for?] had two very large rampant
lion statues sitting at the front door on Queens Road Central. Are those two
statues still there?

John