Re: [OM] (OM) OT John Clarke & Brian Dawe explain the Euro debt crisis

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT John Clarke & Brian Dawe explain the Euro debt crisis
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 08:45:36 +1100
These two do a weekly segment where Dawe always plays the formal interviewer
and Clarke plays whoever, but always in the same, deadpan, relaxed style. He
only gets into character in the content. As they are both extremely
intelligent, perceptive and funny men, they are often extremely amusing. Dawe
is also a serious television drama writer down here and Clarke is possibly the
funniest man in the Antipodes - he used to be a Kiwi but we're claiming him now.
As to the grammar - they do TV vernacular, right?
There's a bit of their stuff on YouTube - the three minute explanation of the
financial system is worth the watch. If you can cope with the local references
and regional tongue.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx