Re: [OM] National Geographic Photo Contest! I would appreciate yourcomme

Subject: Re: [OM] National Geographic Photo Contest! I would appreciate yourcomments.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:12:43 -0700
On 10/31/2011 12:14 PM, David Irisarri wrote:
> Thank you very much guys! It would be a dream winning this photo
> contest and saying the whole world!!! OLYMPUS is the best camera
> manufacturer, yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

This seems completely backwards to me.

If you win, it's because of your skill as a photographer. It's a win for DAVID
IRISARRI ! It's not a win for Olympus.

Sure, Oly makes some good cameras and some excellent lenses. But the truth is
that there are almost innumerable cameras
and lenses with which you could have captured this image - and it would look
just as good at the sizes displayed and
using this display medium.

Own up to your own talent and craft. You chose the equipment, found the
subject, imagined the image and created it. You
deserve the credit.

Does a painter credit the canvas, easel, brushes and oils?

Opinionated Moose