Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 14:57:27 -0800 (PST)
Don't listen to any of them, Wayne...:)

I would recommend any of the Sony SLT series cameras, because are a lot more
useful than the HEX.

Once I move, I will be shooting more often, currently the Sony A55 is just a
steal.  Thats what I am getting.  Tiny, with articulated LCD (don't
underestimate the versatility of this tool, once you use it, it becomes
addictive), but the best feature of all Sony cameras is the "Live View"
implementation.  Set the camera in Manual mode, start playing with the controls
and watch in real time how the picture would turn out.  Perfect exposure 100%
of the time, not to mention the fact that you nail the high/low key thingie the
first time around. There is no one else in the industry at present that really
knows how to do this right.

Best

Boris