[OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?

Subject: [OM] Need new camera? G3 or ?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:04:25 -0500 (EST)
>unfortunately the estimated delivery date for stock on the NEX-7 is
"unknown"
>but looks like a decent camera. And it looks possible to use Canyon
lenses on
>it with adapter.

>Wayne

FWIW the Sony reps at the annual Hunt photo show said one can pre-order
with planned ship in January.
Oh, and she said the kit lens comes in black. Imaging-resource had a
prototype and the images have been up for awhile.
The sensor is the same as the A77.

Still it will be borderline beltable, IMO. They make for a nice quality
small easily transportable kit but
not sure it is right for a Canon G-X substitute or equivalent. Perhaps
a MFT will be.

I too can see using some Canyon lenses or Canyon mount lenses on it. If
one already had a 70-200 F4 or 2.8IS, 135mm/F2, any of the macro lenses
(as mentioned)
or Zeiss 21/2.8 ZE etc.. Bo Ming's adapter seems the only one to retain
auto-aperture, AFAIK. He is working on the AF/IS. He said
he has done some work on MFT, but that will await his NEX efforts. This
type of adapter seems to have an obvious market, not sure why there is
such slow progress. I saw an expensive Canyon-MFT adapter that allows
changing the aperture but it didn't look like it was auto -aperture.

Oh, at the show as well: wicked cool Wacom LCD display 92% aRGB, and
you use ther special pen gizmo directly on it. Seems even at first
glance to be the right tool for the job. Price, well not so good $2500
or so--not available yet though they have one lesser beasty out now.

Perhaps shouldn't go to those shows, Mike

Still lookin', Mike