Re: [OM] Olympus' future truly looks bleak after latest revelations...

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus' future truly looks bleak after latest revelations...
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:37:31 -0000
That's akin to saying that the (real) police did a pretty crap job in not
arresting [insert name of heinous criminal] before [insert the heinous
crime] was committed!

>From the various press and agency reports I have seen in the past day, it is
clear that the incumbent auditors of Olympus Japan at the time of the Gyrus
acquisition (KPMG Japan) were unwilling to accept what they were being told.
They were duly sacked by Olympus, to be replaced by EY Japan.  It is also
clear that the incumbent auditors of Olympus UK - the subsidiary which
acquired Gyrus - were equally unhappy, qualified their audit, and resigned
(KPMG UK).

What more can an auditor do?

Piers