Re: [OM] Olympus' future truly looks bleak after latest revelations...

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus' future truly looks bleak after latest revelations...
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:48:17 -0000
Blow the whistle like this, perhaps (taken from the Gyrus audit report):

==
Opinion: disclaimer on view given by the financial statements
Because of the possible effect of the limitations in evidence available to
us, we are unable to form an opinion as to whether the financial statements
. give a true and fair view, in accordance with UK Generally Accepted
Accounting Practice, of the state of the company's affairs as at 31 March
2009 and of its profit for the period then ended, and
. have been properly prepared In accordance with the Companies Act 1985
In respect solely of the limitations on our work referred to above
. we have not obtained all the information and explanations that we
considered necessary for the purpose of our audit, and
. in our opinion proper accounting records have not been maintained
==

Or like this (taken from the auditor's resignation letter):

==
Statement to Gyrus Group Limited (no. 03234242) on ceasing to hold office as
auditors pursuant to section 519 of the Companies Act 2006.
We hereby confirm that we shall be ceasing to hold office as auditors of the
company
In accordance with section 519 of the Companies Act 2006, we consider that
there are circumstances connected with our ceasing to hold office that
should be brought to the attention of the company's members or creditors, as
described below
Our audit opinion on the financial statements for the 15 month period ended
31 March 2009 contained a qualification by virtue of limited scope The
nature of the limitation of scope and the matters on which we were unable to
conclude are set out In the audit opinion contained in the financial
statements for the 15 month period ending 31 March 2009
==

OK, I'll admit, those aren't whistles - they are more like bl**dy foghorns!

Piers