Re: [OM] (OM) Everthing's just roses :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Everthing's just roses :-)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:01:31 -0800
On 11/16/2011 1:07 PM, Brian Swale wrote:

> On another note, two days ago my partner and I met by accident in
> Alexandra ( we had gone there on separate missions - her main one was to
> have her hair done), I was wandering without special thought past the hair
> salon and she just happened to walk onto the footpath. So she said - "come
> with me to the Warehouse (shop) I have to get (something)" and I agreed.
> Two shops on the way was a jewellery shop, and she said "Let's go in there
> and look at engagement rings".      Oops.
> So, in we went, and half an hour later we had gone halves on a down
> payment on a ring.
>
> Yesterday I invited her to come with me to a local fine restaurant for lunch.
> it
> was a fine day like you wouldn't believe.  I was rash enough to propose to
> her, and she was rash enough to accept !

Hurrah!
(Assuming, of course that that's how you feel as well.) ;-)

We're never too old for love.

> I should have had my camera there, as the food was delightful and looked good.

Pooh on the food, we could have had piccies of you down on one knee, then of
you trying to bet back up. :-)   And of
course of the happy newly engaged couple!

> Locally, it is not to be public knowledge until Saturday 26th, when I am
> running a ( was to be surprise) party at home for her 70th birthday.
> However, the cover on that has been broken due one invitee in particular not
> keeping her mouth shut :-(

After we eloped to Glacier NP, we asked those who were there to withhold
pics/news of the event until we returned from
New England, where we were apprising those we visited as we traveled. Of
course, one 'forgot' and posted a pic.
Fortunately, most of our friends and family are not Facebookers.

> Oh well !   Them's the breaks.
>
> It wasn't until about a week ago that I was going to run the party as she has
> had a lot of bad health and wouldn't have been up to it.

So glad she is well again! May good health rule for both of you!

> Seems to be a lot of it about these days.
>
> Epidemiologsts should have a field day.

I assume you refer to marriage. Had I known it was contagious at such a
distance, I might have had second thoughts about
announcing mine here  ...  Nah.

H.M. Moose