Re: [OM] (OM) Everthing's just roses :-)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Everthing's just roses :-)
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:37:09 -0500
Brian...

At 11/16/2011 04:07 PM, you wrote:
>...On another note, two days ago my partner and I met by accident in
>Alexandra ( we had gone there on separate missions - her main one was to
>have her hair done), I was wandering without special thought past the hair
>salon and she just happened to walk onto the footpath. So she said - "come
>with me to the Warehouse (shop) I have to get (something)" and I agreed.
>Two shops on the way was a jewellery shop, and she said "Let's go in there
>and look at engagement rings".      Oops.
>So, in we went, and half an hour later we had gone halves on a down
>payment on a ring.

Sounds like a women who knows what she wants. And probably knows
how nice guys work - slowly and in need of a push.

>Yesterday I invited her to come with me to a local fine restaurant for lunch.
>it
>was a fine day like you wouldn't believe.  I was rash enough to propose to
>her, and she was rash enough to accept !

Probably a bigger surprise to you than her, but women are often
smarter on many levels. Thank goodness for that.

>I should have had my camera there, as the food was delightful and looked
>good.
>
>Locally, it is not to be public knowledge until Saturday 26th, when I am
>running a ( was to be surprise) party at home for her 70th birthday.
>However, the cover on that has been broken due one invitee in particular not
>keeping her mouth shut :-(
>Oh well !   Them's the breaks.

Enjoy the moments however they unfold. What is revealed on the
outside is not the same as what is revealed on the inside.

>It wasn't until about a week ago that I was going to run the party as she has
>had a lot of bad health and wouldn't have been up to it.
>
>Seems to be a lot of it about these days .
>
>Epidemiologsts should have a field day.
>
>Brian Swale.

We all have our health issues. Just means life is more precious as we
become more vulnerable. And the spirit only grows old if we let it.
Our bodies, well, another matter, but perhaps it is the fragility of
the body that pushes us to grow in other ways. I sense you have a
youthful spirit. That is all that matters. Suffering, unfortunately, a
part of this world, but how you let it help you grow or shrink is all
that rally matters, plus connecting with others. Let it all open your
heart and vision, and marvel at what is greater than ourselves.

I hope the best for you. Thanks for sharing the precious moments.

WayneS