Re: [OM] Viewfinders, Formats and Seeing - A Non-Rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Viewfinders, Formats and Seeing - A Non-Rant
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:23:03 -0800
One of the nice things about the Panasonic G-series is that the
electronic viewfinder is much like full-frame camera. The electronic
finders have other issues, but you can see your composition big and
clear, and eye relief is great for those of us who wear glasses. My OM
Zuikos usually reside on my G1 these days.

In some ways, the G series gives you back some of the good SLR
attributes that autofocus screens and cropped-sensor viewfinders took
away.  This is one reason why I picked up a used G1 a couple of years
ago. I did not consider the Panny GF and Olympus Pen series, even though
the size was attractive. No viewfinder, no go.

The NEX-7 finder is supposed to be even better than the G's. I haven't
heard much about its eye relief yet.

--Peter