Re: [OM] OT (sort of): They Finally Did It!!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT (sort of): They Finally Did It!!
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:00:16 -0700

> >      eBay has completely disabled the advanced search page.  They have
an
> > announcement to that effect if you try to access it.  They have also
> > disabled any Buy It Now options, according to the announcement.  Great.
> >
> >      I knew they would do it if I waited long enough.  I was hoping,
however,
> > that it would not happen.
> >
> >      <<SIGH!!>>
>
> Are we using the same ebay?  My old ebay advanced search page link
> disappeared the other day but it was simply different, not done away
> with.  I just used this link a few seconds ago and it works fine.
> <http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?rt=nc>

    That one works.  I'm using http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/

which just came back to life.  I checked the My Watch List page which had
also turned into a pumpkin, and now it's working as well.  Guess they got
everything repaired in the last 30 minutes.  At least I had a few minutes to
see them shoot themselves in the kneecaps.

    Yesterday, all of the photo viewing options (zoom and enlarge) were
gone, as was the Add to Watch List button.  I was trying to get a closer
look at a Hanimex lens.  Shortly after that, I found a blog about those and
one reviewer said it was like using the bottom of a coke bottle.  That's as
good as the review I once read about "The Curse of Lono" by Hunter S.
Thompson.  One reviewer said "I don't know how many trees were sacrificed to
print this book, but one would have been too many".

Chris