Re: [OM] (OM) Grouse of the day

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Grouse of the day
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 07:56:31 +1300
Peter Klein wrote
 > Nicely captured, Brian.  Is this the original 40-150mm f/3.5/4.5, or the
> later f/4-5.6 model? I've got one of the originals, and I really love it.
>
> Evidently the original model didn't sell so well because they were a
> little bigger and heavier than the "market" wanted, and the front rotates
> while focusing. This has never bothered me. John Foster of biofos.com
> compared them, and found the original was significantly better optically.
> I got mine barely used for a song also, I think $80.00 US.
>
> --Peter

Thanks for the info Peter. I was not aware of either the two models or the
difference in quality.
Mine is the first model, so that's great news.

Yes, I paid a bit less than $80USD by putting in a opening bid when I was
too lazy to click the (Watch this) button  Serves me right. No body else bid,
probably because the auction end time was in the middle of the afternoon.
So muggins me got it.
I had (wrongly) presumed that other people would jump all over it.

Brian Swale.